David W. Powell
Dave Powell has more than 30 years’ experience using media to tell stories that illustrate and bring life to the high-impact, high-visibility, high-pressure, and fast-moving worlds of business, schools, museums, and government. He helps clients refine, clarify, and heighten their messages to increase sales, boost funding-raising, and educate. Mr. Powell is as an award-winning film and documentary maker, creator and producer of video and multi-screen slide shows, photographer, Web designer, and one-on-one executive coach for public speaking and presentations. He is often hired to:
- Take over on complex video and photo projects to ensure their successful completion
- Quickly build consensus among conflicting points of view; and
- Work against short deadlines.
B.A. in Radio, Television, and Film Production, University of Maryland with an emphasis on public speaking and music.
- Produced 50+ films, videos, and multimedia presentations for television, fundraising, sales support, and large art, trade, government, and World’s Fair exhibitions.
- Created and produced two complex multi-image, multi-screen slide shows for National Gallery exhibitions – Treasure Houses of Britain and In Search of Alexander – used to give historical and thematic perspectives.
- Created, for the National Gallery, 20 short films using flowing camera moves on the paintings in the gallery’s permanent collection. Films shown on PBS.
- Won Emmy Awards for anti-smoking film, commissioned by HEW (now HHS), aimed at Junior High School students. Directed and edited award-winning film on Roberta Flack.
- Directed and produced “Black Georgetown Remembers”. This show continues to run nationally in February (Black History Month).
- Produced shows for USIA to accompany a DeKooning traveling exhibit, for FAA exhibits at the Paris and Farnborough air shows, and a lobby exhibit for the National Archives Anniversary.
- Produced targeted, high quality, timely catalog, brochure, and advertising photography for diverse clients such as Wechsler’s Auction Gallery, Hillwood Museum, and Integrated Media Systems.
- Designed and constructed Websites for Saint Anselm’s Abbey School, Anton Gallery, Visual Productions, and B.J. Pumpernickel’s Restaurant.
- Co-scripted more than 100 shows.